- 4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups Milk Powder (I use Pediasure)
- 1½ cup Melted Powder (I use the Double Melt Method with hot boiling water)
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Toast the flour in moderate heat for about 15 to 20 minutes, until it turns light brown using a wok or a frying pan (Note: You must stir constantly to avoid burning it). Then transfer it into a big mixing bowl.
- Add the Milk Powder into the dry mixture and mix for 5 minutes
- Add the Sugar, Vanilla Essence and Melted Butter. Mix well.
- Pour the Polvoron / Shortbread mixture into a mold / a metal tray. Press it firmly using a spoon to make it compact. (Note: If the pressed mixture is till feeling crumbling, add more Melted Butter or Olive Oil then repeat Step #4 pressing it firmly again.)
- Put the mold / tray into the fridge to further firm the texture for about an hour
- Carefully use a mold cutter and cut the harden Polvoron / Shortbread into the shapes you like before serving. (Note: Must be refrigerated before serving)
- You may want to use a nice wrapper to wrap the Shortbread individually before serving them to the kids
|My tray is a big tray. I am using half of the tray only.. With heart shaped cutter 🙂|