- 180g Top Flour
- 100g Butter
- 1 Egg Yoke
- A pinch of Salt
- 120ml Iced Water
- 4 Eggs
- 100g Sugar
- 120ml Evaporated Milk
- 60ml Hot Water
- Put Flour and Butter into a mixing bowl
- Add Egg Yolk, Iced Water and Salt and stir them thoroughly to form a dough
- Put the dough into a powdered bag and keep it refrigerated for an hour
- After 1 hour, powder the table top with some flour.
- Roll the dough flat then fold it into half. Repeat this for 3 times.
- Roll the dough flat and thinly and slightly grease the tart container
- Cut the size you want and lay it onto the tart container
- Add Sugar into Hot Water to make sugar syrup. Set aside to cool.
- Beat the Eggs (Do not whip it!!) and stir in the Evaporated Milk and Sugar Syrup
- Strain the egg mixture with a strainer
- Fill the tart container ¾ full
- Bake the Egg Tarts at 160°c for 25 minutes until the custard solidify