- 1 pkt Soon Kueh Flour
- 1 medium Turnip
- 2 Carrots
- 10 pcs Dried Mushrooms
- 10 cloves Garlic
- 500ml Water
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil (For mixing dough)
- Vegetable Oil (For greasing)
- Put the Flour into a large mixing bowl. Pour in 500ml of boiling Water. Mix the wet mixture well.
- Add in Vegetable Oil. Stir until all wet mixture combine well.
- Knead the dough on a lightly flour table top.
- Chop all the vegetables into thin strips
- Heat up the wok and stir fry the Garlic first. Then add in the Mushrooms, followed by Turnip and Carrot.
- Add Salt, Pepper and Dark Sauce to taste.
- Set the steamer to boil.
- Knead the dough and cut into small pieces.
- Use a roller pin to flatten the dough. Make it into a flat circle shape.
- Fill the dough with Vegetable fillings. Fold it into half and press the edges tightly.
- Lightly grease the tray of the steamer. Arrange the kuehs nicely. Brush the kueh with bit of oil.
- Cover the steamer and steam for 10 minutes.
- Remove the cooked kueh from the steamer using a lightly greased spatula onto a lightly greased serving plate.
- Once the kueh is on the plate, lightly grease the top of the kueh to prevent them from sticky onto each other.
- Soon kueh is best served with Dark Sweet Sauce and Chilli Sauce.